OSCAR DE LA HOYA Says Dec. 6, 2008 Will Not Be His Last Fight


snapshot by Rastaman

Las Vegas Review-Journal DailyLine column reports that 'Golden Boy' puts off talk of retirement and has eye on Pacquiao. De la Hoya's destiny with the Pacman on Dec. 6, 2008 won't be his last fight, a final fight would have to wait until 2009. "I'm not going to talk about retirement," De la Hoya said Thursday. "My focus is on training, fighting and winning. We'll see how I feel after the fight if it's my last fight."

"I don't want it to be the focus of this fight." De la Hoya said of the possibility of this being his last fight. "I'm not closing the door on anything. Let's just say my foot got caught in the door."

"I do have to change my style around," De la Hoya said. "I have to adjust to his [Pacquiao] speed. I have to figure out a way to pull the trigger, and I have to find a way to increase my speed." obviously refferring to Freddie Roach (De la Hoya's trainer in Mayweather fight) statement that De la Hoya can't "pull the trigger anymore."

"I know I can still do this." De la Hoya said. "My reflexes are still there. My speed and strength is still there."


The article provides an insight on Oscar De la Hoya's thoughts, a range of emotion which could result to a lot of things. One thing is for sure, the fight will be spectacular.

read more of the article in Steve Carp's column at Las Vegas Review-Journal

Comments